We here at AMT, want to develop a culture of trust and honest problem-solving with a focus toward the future.
- Discipline: Connects goals to objectives.
- Integrity: Do what you say you are going to do.
- Accountability: Stand up and be counted.
- Respect: Treat others the same way you expect to be treated.
- 360˚ of Engagement: Find ways to improve the overall collective strength of the team.
- Proactive: Eliminate problems before they occur.
- Think Differently: AMT will be better tomorrow than today.
- Good / Better / Best: Don’t let best get in the way of better.
American Metal Technologies was founded in a small 2,000-square-foot facility in Racine, Wisconsin, in 2000. AMT set out with just six CNC machines to provide precision-machined ferrous and non-ferrous castings, with complete sub-assemblies, to automotive Tier 1 system suppliers and OEM automotive suppliers. AMT achieved Ford Q1 quality status in only six months, and by 2001, had moved into a larger facility to handle increased demand and had improved production systems using new state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment.
In 2005, AMT moved to its current home, a 60-acre, 200,000-square-foot facility in Sturtevant, Wisconsin, ideally located between Chicago and Milwaukee and only 350 miles from Detroit, Michigan.
AMT now uses more than 80 CNC machines with a full complement of wash systems, assembly machines, leak-testers, and robots. The company is a complete source for machined ferrous and non-ferrous castings, supplying anywhere from 1,000 to 500,000 pieces per year with mid-to high-volume programs in the United States. AMT also works with its affiliate company network to supply certain low- to mid-volume programs in India.
At AMT, we offer everything a larger company can but give you the flexibility of a mid-sized one. We're engineering-focused at AMT so we know the smallest details make the biggest impact. We bring that mindset to making all the parts that build your success.